Recipient of the Thirteenth Obayashi Prize (2024)
Quotes from The Obayashi Foundation web page.
Recipient of Obayashi Prize (2024)
- Martha ARGERICH (Piano / President , Argerich Arts Foundation / General Director , Music Festival Argerich’s Meeting Point in Beppu)
- Kyoko ITO (Piano / Vice Chairperson , Argerich Arts Foundation / General Producer , Music Festival Argerich’s Meeting Point in Beppu)
- The Argerich Arts Foundation
Reasons for Award
The Music Festival Argerich’s Meeting Point in Beppu has been running for a quarter of a century, with the cooperation of world-renowned Argentinian pianist Ms.Martha Argerich as General Director and fellow pianist Ms.Kyoko Ito as General Producer. Many world-class artists have been invited to Beppu (Oita Prefecture) as part of the Festival, enabling interaction with young musicians and local performers. The Festival has made classical music accessible to all, and contributed to the community and wider society through music.
Moreover, as part of its mission of building an enriched society that nurtures the human spirit in cooperation with local residents, the Argerich Arts Foundation has shared responsibility for implementing the following activities with local government authorities.
- Contributing to society and community advancement through the arts
- Supporting the reinvigoration of the City of Beppu
- Sharing Beppu’s culture with the world
The joint award is made in recognition of the three awardees’ collective achievements in this regard, which constitute a groundbreaking new benchmark for envisioning and ideating the cities of the future.
About Obayashi Prize (The Obayashi Foundation web page)
Recipient of Obayashi Prize (The Obayashi Foundation web page)